How to boost Collagen and Age Gracefully with Ayurveda?
“Collagen” is one of very frequently used words in skincare, especially when it comes to protecting your skin from the signs of aging. Did you know Collagen in fact is the most important ingredient for healthy and youthful-looking skin?
But what is Collagen exactly and what role does it play in our skin?
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a type of structural protein, that makes up over 75-80% of our skin. It is the protein in our skin that’s responsible for its firmness, plumpness, elasticity, and youthfulness. Collagen is also found throughout the body including in the muscles and bones where it provides necessary strength.
When skin is healthy, it repairs and makes new collagen regularly and keeps skin smooth, buoyant and free from fine lines. However, when our skin is exposed to factors like UV rays, smoke, pollution, erratic diet and stress.These wreak havoc by producing free radicals in the skin. These free radicals are one of the biggest causes for the breakdown of Collagen fibers, thinning skin and accelerating the skin aging process.
How to boost collagen naturally?
In today’s day and age of quick fixes, there may be numerous artificial techniques that work on boosting the collagen in the skin. However, these invasive techniques do not get to the root of the issue, they are temporary remedies.
At Forest Essentials we rely on Ayurveda’s holistic approach to aging gracefully.This approach is known as “Rasayan Chiktsha” which translates to –the holistic rejuvenation of mind and body to retain vitality and youthfulness.
Various natural herbs, therapies, foods, and other ingredients are mentioned under this branch of the science, which work really hard to boost Collagen and other proteins in the skin to maintain its long- lasting beauty.
Ayurvedic Secrets for Boosting Collagen
1. Ayurvedic Antioxidants or Youth Activating Herbs- In Ayurveda, a myriad of herbs are categorized as Rasayana or rejuvenators. Gotukola, Ashwagandha and Bala are some potent reparative herbs that work on the skin by boosting collagen production.
Forest Essentials Iconic Soundarya Radiance Cream with 24 k gold and SPF 25 has these potent ayurvedic herbs blended in pure Cow’s milk, which ultimately control collagen depletion and smoothen fine lines to plump the skin and are also excellent antioxidants.
2. Eternal Youth Emulsion– Ayurveda’s beauty elixir “ghee” is also known as a goldmine of nutrients for skin.And, specifically if its aged cow’s ghee or purana Ghrita, it becomes a tonic for skin which is extremely nourishing in nature, with age arresting, skin toning and smoothing qualities.
Forest Essentials Award Winning Tejasvi Lightening and Brightening Emulsion is prepared with aged Cow’s Ghee, which makes it a wonderful age- defying skincare product. Aged Ghee make this Emulsion great for illuminating skin, smoothing out fine lines, and imparting a plumped, youthful lustre to the skin.
3. Foods with vital essence- In Ayurveda, the Vata pacifying diet is the ideal diet that helps in building the Ojas (the unifying factor of all the vital essence) in the body. Here are the important components of the anti- ageing diet:
- Cow’s ghee, Nuts and seeds like Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, flax seeds are some vital components to building Ojas.
- Anti-inflammatory foods like turmeric, ginger and cinnamon are powerful cleaners, that cleanse the blood, lymph, and liver.
- Leafy greens and rainbow- colored fruits are chock-full of cell renewing antioxidants and they literally flush toxins out of body and enhance the complexion.
4. Skin Brightening Minerals
Minerals like gold have been recognized for thousands of years in ancient science of Ayurveda, for their beautifying, brightening and healing properties and are known as “The Key to Youth”. Gold slows down the collagen depletion, increases skin's elasticity, lightens the skin's complexion, stimulates the cells making the skin firm, improves blood circulation and prevents premature aging, wrinkles, tanning.
Forest Essentials 24 K Gold infused Soundarya range of skincare products is a definitive range that lends its purest and natural form of Gold deep within the skin. The entire Soundarya range is infused with a powerful combination of 24 karat Gold Bhasma, potent herb infusions, nourishing roots, unprocessed and concentrated plant oils and pure Cow’s Ghee.
5. Potent and Healthful Ayurvedic Therapies for Anti- Ageing:
According to Ayurveda, regular intensive oil treatments like massage with natural oils is another way to replenish the body. Unrefined Organic Black Sesame, Sweet Almond Oil and Cow’s Milk are some very effective for keeping skin supple, soft and toned.
Forest Essentials Soundarya Advanced Serum and Beauty Oil is a blend of these highly effective & beneficial ayurvedic oils, which provide nutrition and deeply moisturize the skin. Whole Cream Cow's milk nourishes the skin while restoring firmness, increasing collagen and giving it a sheen.