How to Treat Oily Skin Naturally with Nagkesar?
Nagkesar also known as Mesua Ferrea, is a beautiful evergreen tree and has been used in Ayurveda for centuries for its highly potent properties.
The beauty of the plant lies not only in its physical appearance of delicate white petals with bright orange stamens but also in that many parts of the plant can be used for various Ayurvedic preparations including its root, bark, leaves, seeds, flowers and wood.
At Forest Essentials, we extract the pure Essential Oils from the delicate flower of the Nagkesar for its healing and curative properties.
Benefits and Curative uses of Nagkesar
Every medicinal plant displays different therapeutic values due to the presence of different phytochemicals. The Nagkesar herb has astringent properties that make it a very effective herb to heal acne and blemishes that are often the result of oily and pigmented skin.
It also has Laghu(light) and Ruksha(dry) qualities that balance excess oil production of the skin and also harmonize Kapha and Pitta Ayurvedic Dosha related skin concerns. Additionally, Nagkesar helps to minimize open pores and clarifies skin for an even toned and glowing complexion.
Which Forest Essentials Products are Prepared with this Skin Friendly Herb?
1. The Forest Essentials Narangi and Nagkesar Ubtan is one of our best selling ubtans for pigmentation and acne scars. This gentle exfoliating treatment,both sloughs away dead cells on the surface of the skin and also stimulates skin’s underlying tissues to rejuvenate the complexion. Nagkesar works extremely well with other fresh sun-dried ingredients including Turmeric, Orange Peel and Marigold flower, to lighten and brighten the skin, refine the pores and clarify the skin tone.This easy to use and customizable Ubtan is very effective for those with pigmentation, oily skin as well as those looking for skin care products that remove tan.
How To Use The Ubtan?
While this hand pounded Ubtan is recommended the most for those with oily skin, the Ubtan can be personalized for your skin with the right mixer.
- For normal skin, blend 1 teaspoon of the Ubtan with some Rosewater or Aloe Vera juice.
- For very dry skin, it can be mixed with fresh cow’s milk or cream.
- For oily skin, prepare the Ubtan with some Yogurt.
- Finally, for pigmented skins mix a teaspoon of fresh tomato juice & buttermilk with the Ubtan.
Depending on whether you would like to use the Ubtan as a scrub, face masque or a cleanser (yes it multi-tasks!) you may either leave the masque on until it semi-dries and then follow with a water rinse, or massage for 3-4 minutes and then rinse with water as a scrub or a cleanser.
No matter what your skin type is, end the Ubtan ritual with a chilled spritz of a Facial Tonic Mist.
2. Forest Essentials Sandalwood and Nagkesar Masque: A winner of the Best Face Mask award at the Harper’s Bazaar Beauty 2018 Awards, this hardworking mask is the beauty industry’s favourite. It is made with pure Sandalwood, and potent ayurvedic herbs including Nagkesar and Gotukola, Rosewater, Black Himalayan Clay and cold pressed organic oils that each target almost any concern that you might have with your skin. The masque minimizes pores, clarifies skin tone, wards away dullness, and leaves skin smooth, firm and hydrated.
How To Use The Facial Treatment Masque?
- After cleansing the face, applythe masque directly onto the skin.
- Allow to dry for 10 minutes, ensuring it does not dry completely but is actually semi-dry.
- Emulsify with a little water and then rinse well.
- Apply the chilled Panchpushp Facial Tonic Mist to minimize pores.
- Finish with a moisturizing Lavender & Neroli Light Day Lotion (for the day) or the Sandalwood & Saffron Night Treatment Cream (for the night).
3. Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleansers
Both of the Delicate Facial cleansers are unique in that they are 100% paraben free, contain neither mineral oil,nor SLS or SLES (Sulphates). What this really means is that these do not strip the natural moisture of your skin after cleansing and hence keep skin hydrated, healthy and smooth.
The Mashobra Honey, Lemon and Rose water Cleanser has wild Honey, Steam distilled Rosewater & fresh Lemon amongst its key ingredients, in addition to deep cleansing & purifying herb extracts. It gently cleanses your face, removes impurities, deeply moisturizes and leaves the skin fresh, clean and hydrated. We recommend this cleanser especially for dry and normal skin due to its moisture replenishing properties.
The Kashmiri Saffron & Neem cleanser is a must have for oily skin, that gently cleanses your face and balance the skin’s oil production.
How To Use Facial Cleansers?
Apply a very small amount to damp skin and massage well all over the skin. Rinse well with water and follow with a Facial Tonic Mist.