UNVEIL THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR SHEET MASK RELATED QUESTIONS
General Questions About the Sheet Masks
- What is a sheet mask?
A sheet mask, simply put, is a biodegradable porous sheet soaked in skin rejuvenating formulas that you use on your face for a one time use. It is meant to be left on the skin for 15-20 minutes to allow the solution to soak into your skin. The solutions are mix of specific herbs, roots, minerals, and Ghee, fruit pectin, spirulina, black molasses, hyaluronic acid and lithium is blended into a deep conditioning serumtailored to target specific skin concerns.Our sheet masks combine the latest innovative technology with pure, natural and highly effective ingredients, for masks that are 60% more effective than wash off masks and packs.The convenient application of the sheet mask and the fact that it targets every skin concern with fresh, pure and natural ingredients that make an immediate difference to the texture, feel and look for the skin, makes this an invaluable beauty ritual. They can be used daily or as often as you require.
- How are these Sheet Masks Ayurvedic? Was there a mention of these in Ayurvedic texts?
The origins of Ayurvedic cosmeceuticals date back to the Indus Valley Civilization. Ayurvedic literature, including the Atharvaveda, Charak Samhita and Sushruta Samhita, its main classics, contain over 200 herbs, minerals and fats to enhance and maintain the beauty of the skin. In Ayurveda, the art of application of face masks is known as Lepana. These were used for maintaining ageless skin, increasing hydration levels, smoothing its imperfections, toning and firming it. Face masks were made of many natural fibres including wood pulp, banana fibre and corn sheets. There was an ancient technique of infusing the sheets into various “Kashyams” or herbal decoctions. Gradually through the ages, fine cotton muslin gauze was used and different kinds of fabric was experimented with, to act much like the “band aid” of today, to retain and assimilate precious ingredients into the skin.
- What is the purpose of using a sheet mask?
A lot of skin-care products actually evaporate when you put them on your face. It takes time for those ingredients to mingle with your skin. The sheet mask forms a sort of barrier that really locks the ingredients in and prevents that evaporation. This results in the skin feeling plumper and brighter.
- Are the masks bio-degradable?
Yes, our sheet masks are made with organic cotton cellulose which is a biodegradable material.
- Are the Sheet Masks 100 % chemical free?
Yes, our sheet masks are 100% chemical free. They are made using pure, natural and highly effective ingredients.
- What is the texture of the gel/solution? Is it runny/drippy or thick?
Our sheet masks have a serum like consistency. A serum, with its light texture, can penetrate the skin much deeper, thus allowing for a more concentrated treatment.
- What is the shelf life of the masks?
The sheet mask must be used immediately after opening. You can find the manufacturing and best before date details printed on the label.
- What about the authenticity of the product?
Our products are made using only 100% pure, natural, fresh and highly effective ingredients, with the credibility and authenticity of Forest Essentials.
HOW TO BEST USE THE AYURVEDIC SHEET MASKS?
- At what time of the day should I apply these masks, day or night?
You can use sheet masks at any time of the day. As sheet masks are easy to use and disposable, you can use them whenever and wherever you want.Sheet masks work by locking their nutrient-rich serum on to our skin, resulting in our skin feeling moisturised and looking revitalised.
- Do they need to be refrigerated?
Keeping your sheet masks cold in the fridge is not necessary, however doing so can definitely help give them a refreshing edge by cooling down the skin immediately.
- Can the Sheet Masks be used on top of make up?
Sheet masks should not be used on top of make-up. Sheet masks should be applied on a cleansed face which is ready to receive all the nourishment.
- How long should the mask be left on for?
Sheet mask should be left on the skin for 15-20 minutes and masking time should not exceed 30 minutes.
- Can I leave the sheet mask on overnight?
We do not recommend you toleave a sheet mask on overnight!
- Should I use a toner before/after using the mask?
Saturating your skin post-mask with a good toner will normalize the pH level of the skin. You can even massage in the toner with your fingertips for additional penetration and a tingly, fresh mini-massage.
- Do we need to use a moisturiser after application of sheet mask?
Unlike traditional masks, sheet masks don’t require a rinse after use. They’re soaked in a skin-benefitting serum to deliver a high concentration of potent ingredients. After you remove your mask, you can gently tap the excess serum onto your face, neck, and décolletté. The sheet mask need not be followed by a moisturizer unless you are stepping out in which case you need to rinse off the excess serum with plain lukewarm water and follow up with a moisturizer.
- Do we need to use a face wash after application of the Sheet Mask?
Unlike traditional masks, sheet masks don’t require a rinse after use. They’re soaked in a skin-benefitting serum to deliver a high concentration of potent ingredients. After you remove your mask, you can gently tap the excess serum onto your face, neck, and décolletté. In case you are stepping out and are prepping your skin for an occasion, you can rinse off the excess serum with plain lukewarm water and follow up with a moisturizer. You need not use a face wash.
- If I use these sheet masks, can I avoid your other masks in my weekly regime?
You may use our Facial Treatment Masques such as Madhulika Honey Lep and Mysore Sandalwood & Nagkesar once a week. On the other hand, our sheet masks can be used daily or up to 2-3 times a week or as and when desired whenever your skin requires an instant boost.
- Should sheet masks be used only for special occasions or can they form part of our weekly or daily regime?
Sheet masks can most definitely be used for special occasions whenever your skin requires an instant boost as they make an immediate difference to the texture, feel and look of the skin. When sheet masks are used daily or regularly up to 2-3 times a week, your skin achieves a glowing, velvet like appearance.
- How many times in a week can I use your sheet masks?
You can use the sheet masks daily, 2-3 times a week or as often as you desire.
- What are the steps involved in the application of the sheet mask?
- Cleanse the skin and pat dry.
- Remove mask from the package.
- Unfold the sheet mask and place it on your face aligning the holes to your eyes, nose, and mouth. If there is any remaining serum left in the bag, pat the extra serum all over your neck, arms, elbows, knees, etc.
- Sit back and relax for 15-20 minutes.
- When you are ready, just peel off the mask and discard. Look at your skin in the mirror. It should look brighter and slightly more plump due to the moisture it just absorbed. Also, touch your skin. It should feel velvety smooth.
- Gently pat the excess serum into your face for maximum absorption.
- Is it a one-time use product?
Yes, the sheet masks are disposable, single-use masks.
- Can I re-use the sheet mask?
Sheet masks are for one time use only.
AYURVEDIC SHEET MASKS DECODED AS PER YOUR SKIN TYPE AND CONCERN
- Are the Sheet Masks useful for oily and acne prone skin?
All our sheet masks can be used by all skin types including oily and acne prone skin. It is a skincare treatment that gives instant results. We have 3 variants and each one of them helps address a different skin concern.
- Do Sheet Masks help in removing tan?
Our Tejasvi sheet mask can help reduce tanas it brightens uneven skin tone, targets pigmentation and restores youthful radiance.
- Are Sheet Masks effective for dry skin?
Yes, our sheet masks are suitable for dry skin type.Sheet masks can be especially comforting for those with dry skin because it involves no rinsing of the skin after.
- I have pimples. Does this product have any side effects?
Our sheet masks are suitable for all skin types with the exception of skin that is grappling with active acne. It does not have any side effects.
- Are the face masks for men as well?
Yes, all our sheet masks are unisex and can be used by both men and women
- Do these contain alcohol?
Our sheet masks do not contain any alcohol.
- I am 27. Can I use this sheet mask?
Our sheet masks can be used by all age groups.
- Which mask is suitable for which skin type?
All our sheet masks are unisex and can be used by all skin types including oily and acne prone skin. It is a skincare treatment that makes an immediate difference to the texture, feel and look of the skin. We have 3 variants and each one of them helps address a different skin concern.The Tejasvi sheet mask is meant for Brightening & Lightening the skin as it brightens uneven skin tone, targets pigmentation and restores youthful radiance. The Sundari sheet mask is best suited for those looking for deep hydration as it visibly revitalizes dehydrated skin. The Ojas sheet mask is an Age Arresting sheet mask which smoothes appearance of fine lines, improves elasticity leaving the skin feeling lifted, firm and plumped.
- How well do the Sheet Masks work for hyperpigmentation? And if so, in how many mask sessions would I see any improvement?
For pigmentation related concerns, you may try our Tejasvi sheet maskas it is specially formulated to help brighten uneven skin tone, target pigmentation and restore youthful radiance. To see visible results, we recommend you use the sheet mask 2-3 times a week along with regular application of the Tejasvi Emulsion in your skincare routine.
- Are the masks useful to remove facial hair?
Our sheet masks cannot be used for facial hair reduction.
- Which type of mask is best for men with oily face?
All our sheet masks are unisex and can be used by all skin types including oily and acne prone skin. It is a skincare treatment that gives instant results. We have 3 variants and each one of them helps address a different skin concern.