Active Beauty for Fitness Aficionados
With shifting lifestyles, a new trend known as “Active beauty” or “Athleisure beauty” has emerged.
What is Athleisure or Active Beauty?
Athleisure or active beauty refers to skin care products, which are intended and designed to be gentle on your skin during a workout, keeping you looking and smelling fresh, without interrupting your skin’s natural response to exercise.
It is also about convenient ayurvedic skin care products that are easy to transport and are functional. Athleisure skin care products are non-comedogenic (which means that they do not clog the skin’s pores), waterproof, sweat proof and smudge proof. They’re specifically designed for exercise.
Using skincare products that are too greasy and thick in texture while exercising is a big no no, because exercise can enlarge pores of the skin and using such skincare products during a work-out can clog or block these pores, resulting in break outs or in dull skin. Based on this, we suggest using facial care products which are non-greasy, light in texture and all natural, during exercise or workout sessions. Facial tonic mists, refreshing body mists, natural facial cleansers, hydrating moisturizers are some of the must have active beauty essentials.
Here are some important active beauty tips to follow before and after a workout session.
Pre-Work Out Active BeautyTips:
- For those who apply makeup, step one is always to remove makeup before workout. If you do not remove it properly, the chemicals penetrate into the skin and clog the skin pores. Forest Essentials’ Makeup Remover is specially designed to deal with all types of makeup. Apply it to the areas around eye with the help of damp cotton.
- Cleansing is next important step, as it removes dead cells and toxins, clears clogged pores and cleans any remaining make-up without stripping the skin’s natural oils.
- The next recommended step is to use Facial tonic mists for toning and hydrating the skin. The Facial tonic mist Pure Rose Water is great for extremely dry skin whereas the Facial tonic mists Bela and Panchpushp can be used for all skin types.
- For Dry skin, the Mashobra Honey Lemon Rosewater Facial Cleanser is a great choice, as it contains steam distilled Rose Water which works as a natural astringent, that tones and re-hydrates the skin and raw Honey which absorbs impurities from deep within the pores on the skin.
- For Oily skin, the Kashmiri Saffron and Neem Facial cleanser works perfectly. It contains Neem, which is healing, cooling, and purifying, while Saffron leaves the skin with a warm glow.
- It’s necessary to apply sunscreen if you’re going to be exercising outdoors in the sun or near a window, applying a moisturizer with SPF is a must. Try the Light Day Lotions that come with a natural SPF derived from Yashad Bhasma. Their light texture makes them a good non-comedogenic (or non-pore clogging) sunscreen to apply before work out.
- Finally, before heading out for your workout session, apply Trishala slimming oil on the body especially on areas where fat tends to deposit easily. Forest Essentials Trishala Slimming Oil contains warm and detoxifying herbs that help in slimming and toning the body.
Post Workout Active Beauty Tips.
- After coming back from the gym, if you find you have muscle soreness, pain or inflammation, then you can apply the Narayana Ayurvedic Body Massage Oil. This traditional Ayurvedic oil is made from the unrefined and cold pressed oils of Sesame and Coconut that have long been known in India for their nutrient rich properties. This unique massage oil penetrates through the deepest layers of the skin to bring instant relief, as well as re-energize the body, while toning, relaxing and nourishing your skin.
- For regular massage, you can use Body Massage Oil Eucalyptus and Black Pepper. Cold pressed unrefined Black Sesame, infused with Ayurvedic Herbs and eucalyptus with black pepper essential oils for detoxifying and toning the skin. It gives lusture to the skin, balance the body heat and circulation.
- If you have any muscle soreness, pain or inflammation, then Narayana Ayurvedic Body Massage Oil will work better. This traditional Ayurvedic oil is made from unrefined oil of Sesame and Coconut that has been naturally processed, to make them nutrient rich. This massage oil penetrates deeply to bring instant relief, as well as re-energize the body, while toning, relaxing and nourishing skin.
So, if you are a fitness buff who loves to spend time at the gym or health club, Our Active beauty essentials are must haves before and after an exercise session.